That was quite a sprint at the end. But I did more or less finish The Crawling Eater. I hope to polish the documentation later on, and set up an informative page at the RogueBasin wiki. For now just some notes on further changes / additions since day 6:
- Creatures may suck fluid or food from other creatures, flee, and hunt.
- Creature movement triggers sounds heard all over the map, that may allow any creature to locate others. Sounds are displayed as "?" symbols next to known or unknown tiles on the map (see screenshot). One such sound symbol lasts but a few turns.
- Added a very basic help / in-game documentation system.
- A cursor can be scrolled over the map that indicates the focused tile's wetness and terrain elevation.
- Holes don't appear directly in the ground, but as the end result of a transformation that starts with a small crack ("-"), and grows to a bigger one ("+"). One may close such a crack by defecating into it.
- A hole surrounded by six other holes becomes a special kind of hole (part of the winning condition).
- Some special tiles are distributed over the map that may grant the player special abilities (no spoilering here), and the discovery of which may be needed to finish the game.
The end result can be downloaded here: https://github.com/plomlompom/plomrogue/releases/tag/TCE_proper_minor_fixes